Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Kids Clothing Week Challenge 2011






I am going to participate in the Kids Clothing Week Challenge. Are you? I may not be able to keep to the one hour a day part, due to full time job and full time 2 year old grandson, but I will try.

Does Spring make you want to sew clothes, like it does me?



They may not count, but I am already ahead on sewing for Tyler with these. Not to worry, though. I have fire truck print pants, a giraffe print hat, and many more to come, so this will be fun! FYI: I use a toddler costume pants pattern for these elastic waist pants, and quilter's cotton prints. Each pair take less than half an hour.

Join in! You can find the information here: http://www.elsiemarley.com/kids-clothes-week-spring-2011.html

You can be as fancy or simple as you want. It can be a back pack, a crayon caddy, an appliqued tshirt, pillowcase dress, hooded towel, whatever, as long as it is for a child. And if it is for charity, even better!
And if you don't have kids to sew for, but are in the mood to make yourself a new top, check this out: http://www.made-by-rae.com/2011/04/its-time-for-spring-top-sewalong.html 

No comments: