Monday, April 25, 2011

The Day After Easter

Well, Easter is over. Are you still full? I know the kids are probably still sugared up. My grandson got to have 2 Easter egg hunts. He didn't want them to end. He was running around the front yard yesterday morning, shouting "Keep Looking, Nana!"

I LOVE this cartoon. My grampa loves it too, because he used to eat the ears off my aunt's chocolate Easter bunny every year before she would get it.

Our little family get-together included an Angus ribeye roast, potatoes, carrots, beets and Hummingbird cake. I made the cake. Everyone said that it was delicious, but they have never felt so full. It is a wonderful alternative to the traditional chocolate or vanilla cakes, but very dense, so make thin slices, or don't have dinner first, whichever you prefer.  The cake was for a week late celebration of my Grampa's 89th birthday. Tyler's solo of "Happy Burtday, Papa Don..." was great. Then we sang the "you look like a monkey" version, and Tyler was having fits of giggles. It was too cute.

I finished my Spring Top for the Sewalong! Pillow and Maxfield's Gypsy Bandana border stripe fabric in lime green. Very comfy. Didn't take too long to make. (Simplicity 5684 - a discontinued pattern.)

Enjoy the rest of April! May is so close and I am on one hand looking forward to the end of pollen everywhere, but on the other hand, not looking forward to another Hurricane Season.

No comments: