Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summer Sampler Quilt Along Tutorials


Hello! I am still here. Just totally busy. Going in many directions at once and trying to keep it together. Know what I mean? I hope everyone enjoyed their celebration of America's birthday!

Anyway, I found two quilt alongs in blogland today. One even offers a beginner version in case the center medallion of the main one intimidates you (like it does me!)  http://quiltcetera.wordpress.com/2010/07/06/week-one-summer-star-sampler-quilt-along-2010/   this page is the start of the directions. The first two blocks. You can backtrack to find the layouts for both the main sampler quilt and also the beginner version without the center medallion.


  http://www.amyscreativeside.com/2010/06/simple-sampler-quilt-along-details.html   This is the other sampler quilt along, and it is very scrap friendly.  Since I have never done a sampler, I am going to try to get at least one of these in the works. I have tons of scraps and one block of each is not that intimidating right? Just finding the time is my obstacle.

I am thinking that one of these could be a Christmas sampler. That is far enough out that I could make it a gift. And I recently scored on some older Fig Tree fabrics at ridiculous prices, so those are in mind for one of these also.

If I can manage one of these (or both) it will be a small miracle, but at least I shared it here so others can jump in and make something fun!

No comments: