Monday, March 29, 2010

Blah, Blah, Blah

So many ideas, no free time!!! I feel like I am in mental labor and need a c-section! I got all these lovely fabrics on Saturday and I am TOO excited to stand it. I want to be making skirts NOW!!!And that is despite the fact that I have had NO LUCK on finding a Florida state map tablecloth for the adorable travel skirt found in Sew What! Skirts. Most of them on Ebay are Moda reproductions and should be $24.99, but are selling for over $50 each. Too much $$ to cut it up for a skirt, thank you.

But back to my new fabrics! I would like to thank Quilt Fabric Closeouts and also Over the Rainbow shops for not only having super prices, but incredibly fast shipping on these beauties! You need to shop there!  Okay, second from the right is a very cute lime green floral from the line called Chinese Takeout. Far left is a very pale aqua with brown bandana type floral all over. Peeking out 3rd from the left is a very neutral floral in an oatmeal color. Should be able to go classy or fun with that one. And the far right is an oriental print in pinks and lime greens that will be first up, as soon as I prewash it. I hope you get this book if you don't have it. Such cute ideas in there.

Will someone please send me some spare time? Maybe I should check myself into a motel - under an alias - and just sew for a few days?

I have quilts that need finishing on top of my Spring Skirt emergency and not getting much done there either. Therefore, I feel like all my plans and talk about To Do Lists is just blah, blah, blah. Like Charlie Brown's teacher. Oh well, you can admire the pretty fabrics with me. And if you have the book, you can try to imagine where I am going with these fabrics...someday.

As a sidenote, I would like to thank whomever has fixed Blogger. Many of my pics in previous posts were missing all day, and when I tried to write this post, no new pics would upload correctly. I am so glad it got debugged (or whatever they did to right it!)

1 comment:

randi said...

Haha! I have a skirt pattern sitting here next to me that is just crying out to be used, but I can't get to it. I need some time too. Where can we buy some spare moments?!?!