Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Upbeat music

I like A LOT of music styles. My taste and my moods go hand-in-hand, so having access to a huge variety of sound is really great. That is why I am so thankful for Pandora.com! www.pandora.com

Have you discovered Pandora.com?  You can make your own music stations! Give them an artist or song you like and they play others they think you will want to hear. You can give those songs the thumbs up or down and Pandora will keep playing, fine tuning to your tastes. Not even satellite radio can do that.

It is a great way to discover new talent and older ones you didn't ever hear before. Without Pandora I might have never heard Mary Higgins, Emma Pollock or Marie Digby. I might not have ever heard Il Divo. I wouldn't have dreamed that I would like a band called "the Killers." See what I mean about my really wide range of music taste? 

Makes me want an IPOD. If I was rich and really tech-savvy, I guess I could have Pandora on my phone too. What kind of battery life do you have to have for that?

I don't know if there is a limit to how many stations you can create (and Pandora offers stations premade too, like a bunch of holiday ones at Christmas for example) but I have at least one for every mood and music style. That is an awesome thing in a part of the country with really limited music on the radio. No one around here offers Flamenco guitar or Josh Groban or Norah Jones styles. Can you believe that? Basically it is Country, Hip Hop or Rock. No diversity!

Check out Pandora.com and you will not want to leave the computer at all! Free music that is what you want to hear for as long as you want to listen.

No comments: