Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I won! I won!


http://ankastreasures.wordpress.com/2010/02/11/a-new-book-preview/ If you haven't heard of Heather Mulder Peterson and you love fabric and quilts, you need to get to know her. Follow her blog, buy the books. Definitely buy the fabrics. Her company is called Anka's Treasures.

I absolutely adore her style. When I posted a comment on her blog post about the new book of pillows and shams, I never thought I would win. I never win anything! I just wanted to tell her how much I adore her taste in colors and fabrics. So imagine my shock when I checked back today and found my name in the winners circle!!

Coincidentally, I am working on a quilt of Heather's design at home. Going to get it finished this month. Now I can make a set of pillow shams to match! Here is what I am working on from Heather's book "On A Roll Again"  http://www.ankastreasures.com/item_39/On-A-Roll-Again-ANK272.htm  I am making the one on the cover using the Simple Abundance line from Bonnie and Camille for Moda. You can see what the fabrics look like here http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/ItemList--Moda-Fabrics-by-Bonnie-and-Camille--m-1862

I got started with this quilt when I took a gamble on a Moda Scrap Bag from Hancock's Paducah and it contained Simple Abundance! You don't know what's in the bag til it arrives, but I loved this new line, and having seen the cover quilt from On A Roll Again and I just knew I had to make it. When I get this quilt done, I'll post pics. I am bordering it with this blue mums floral and the ruby red (not pictured) is the inner border. Hancocks may be out of those two. They are really popular.


What are you working on?

No comments: