Friday, January 15, 2010

Class at Joanns Fabrics store

I took the tshirt quilt block class last night! It was great! It seems so easy now, I have total confidence to make a whole quilt from tshirts this year. The teacher and other students were all so nice too.

While I was sewing and learning there, I thought about how I have only had one class on quilt making. Oh I wish I had access to more classes, but there is no quilt shop in Pensacola anymore. Even the sewing machine repairman packed up and left town. So I have spent the last 5 years figuring things out on my own from websites, blogs, books and magazines. Great resources. I am glad I have so much information available to me 24 hours a day.

Also during the class we talked about how wonderful all the gadgets are that make this creative process so easy now. Can you imagine cutting all those pieces by hand with scissors? Sewing by hand each and every stitch? I would not make it. I don't think it would be nearly as fun. Thank you, whoever invented the rotary cutter! And the acrylic ruler! And most of all, the sewing machine!

No home computer still, so no new pictures to post, although I would love to show you the block I made last night from a Yosemite tshirt. I promise to get one posted soon. We should be computer shopping today or tomorrow.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: