Sunday, December 20, 2009

More Quilts

Since I am posting this from home, I can share more pics of some quilts I've made.


This pattern is from quiltville.com by Bonnie Hunter. It was the Mystery Quilt she called Double Delight. I really love how it turned out. I think of it as a Valentine's Quilt because it is like chocolate covered strawberries to me. This is a photo of the layout, and it is now finished, so don't think this is a UFO!



Next is a commissioned quilt I did last year. It is a variation of Prairie Star Promise from McCall's Quilting magazine. It is queen size.




Next is a lap size Christmas quilt I made several years ago. This one was in American Patchwork and Quilting magazine. It should have come with a warning. Rating quilt patterns at skill level should include whether you have loads of patience or not. Maybe they should recommend you take a class on patterns like this rather than working alone with sharp instruments. You should have heard the cussing! My first (and last so far) attempt at diamonds. I mentally cut it up and burned it several times before I got it finished. It is now much loved and used by my daughter in law. I gave it to her at Christmas last year.


Last for today is this full size quilt that still has no binding after 2 years. I felt bad about not getting it done, because I intended to donate it to the Ronald McDonald House here in Pensacola, but then I heard they are building a new, bigger house, so I have time to get this one finished. I drove by the site the other day and they are at the framing stage, so I have, say 6 months? No pressure now!

I still have not made out my Christmas cards!! How terrible is that? I have a good excuse though. 2 days of helping my daughter move to her new place, shop, unpack, take care of the baby. It is a lot of work! My family has a LOT of moving experience, so when everyone went home last night she pretty much had to unpack her clothes and that's it.

Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

sewtakeahike said...

those are some pretty amazing quilts Wendy!

Dandelion Quilts said...

These are really beautiful quilts. You have quite the gift.