Thursday, December 17, 2009

Busy Days

Christmas is really busy for me at work, so I have missed a few days to blog.

Big news these past few days. My son got a new job. He was laid off twice this year and has found a new company to work for. I am hoping he is happy in his work and very appreciated for his skills and commitment to doing a very good job every day.


Also, my daughter and her husband and the baby are moving to their own place this weekend! I am excited for them and sad at the same time. There is nothing like having a grandbaby to play with every day. I will really miss seeing him for lunch and after work every day. Getting up with him when he cries and his mama is tired. Helping give him a bath and seeing all his new discoveries, first teeth, making clothes and toys for him has been so much fun. It will still be fun, just from a few miles away.  Tyler, you better never move far away from your Nana!!!

I am such a mom! I adore kids. I should have had 6 or 7 of my own, but c'est la vie! You get what you get. You would think that 6 years of running a daycare by myself would have cured me, or made me crazy, but nope! I still would rather play with babies and toddlers than hang out with my peers.

I am so thankful for my two (now grown) kids. We've been through so much and we are very close. I am so glad that we all live in the same town and can be together often. That we all have wonderful spouses and supportive family in our lives is an extra blessing.

No comments: